lunedì 2 febbraio 2009

Skin - NOTHING BUT

(testo e musica di Skin)
Please believe me
I'm ecstatic for you
Well, why should I pretend?
I have nothing to lose
No, I don't compare
You've got it all wrong now
My sorrows left behind
Let me tell you the truth

I feel nothing but joy and pride and happiness
Nothing but cheerful face with kindness
I feel nothing but oceans of love and forgiveness
For you and your sweet girl
Please ignore the particular way I smile
Take no notice of the blood on the lip I bite
I'm still your friend
There's no denying
For you and your new girl

Yes, I remember
Everybody has affairs
Oh yeah, we had some fun
But she is so perfect for you


I feel nothing but joy and pride
Nothing but a cheerful mind
Nothing but oceans of love
Nothing but




Da Fake Chemical State, il secondo album da solista di Skin, questo STRAORDINARIO brano su un tema molto sentito dall'autore di questo blog.
"Credimi, sono entusiasta per voi, perché dovrei mentire!? Non provo altro che gioia ed orgoglio e felicità... e non badare al mio strano sorriso, non far caso al sangue sul labbro che mi son morso... Eh sì, noi ci siamo divertiti tanto, ma è lei(lui) quella(o) perfetta(o) per te..." Ed intanto le infilano la camicia di forza...
Ma dov'è che ho già sentito queste parole...? Perché questa situazione mi pare familiare?

Nessun commento: